Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched the GenCon video and was a bit shocked that the play time was given as 45 minutes. The base game is also 45 minutes and plays up to four. Since this plays only two and is an add on, I was somehow expecting that there would be only half as many cards and it play half as fast. Is there a card count available for the game? Should we expect a full game with both sets mixed together to take 90 minutes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
I just watched the GenCon video and was a bit shocked that the play time was given as 45 minutes. The base game is also 45 minutes and plays up to four. Since this plays only two and is an add on, I was somehow expecting that there would be only half as many cards and it play half as fast. Is there a card count available for the game? Should we expect a full game with both sets mixed together to take 90 minutes?

Where the heck did you get your information? Per the main page Valley of the Kings: Afterlife, it's a standalone game that plays 4, just like the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now I feel kind of dumb. I've never looked at the info part of the game page. I think at some point I saw that combining the sets allowed for a six player game and did the math that six players minus four players = two player expansion. I don't think I would ever actually want to play this way, but the follow up question here is, why can't you combine the sets for an eight player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RafaƂ Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Well now I feel kind of dumb. I've never looked at the info part of the game page. I think at some point I saw that combining the sets allowed for a six player game and did the math that six players minus four players = two player expansion. I don't think I would ever actually want to play this way, but the follow up question here is, why can't you combine the sets for an eight player game?

Desinger tested wrote and proposed rules for combining the two games with 5 and 6 players. It is possible to play with 7 and 8 palyers with 2 sets , but probably it is better to play 2 concurrent 2-4 player - cards not chosen in one game are palyed in the second game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:
davypi wrote:

Desinger tested wrote and proposed rules for combining the two games with 5 and 6 players. It is possible to play with 7 and 8 palyers with 2 sets , but probably it is better to play 2 concurrent 2-4 player - cards not chosen in one game are palyed in the second game.

Yes, there are other games that can be pushed to 8 with two variants but you're much better off just playing two 4-payer games. Dominion/Dominion Intrigue comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.