Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In section 5.1 of the rules, it is stated that "...most of the time only the active player may perform various actions in the order of his choosing. This is especially important for certain actions that may be conducted at any time during the game..."

Why is so important that only the active player perform anytime actions? Am I interpreting this section incorrectly? Is the emphasis here just pointing out that mixing anytime actions with other actions (mainly deliveries) can be very useful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Originaly, we planed to perform the anytime-actions realy anytime.
But we quickly realised, that this can be a big mess within the course of a game. So we decided to make the anytime-actions only possible, in a players turn or better: when the player is active.
This means, that when you do a delivery, you are active, so you can do the anytime action then.
Everytime the game allows you to make a "move", you are considered "active" and can do as many anytime-actions as you like laugh

Hope its clear now...
Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, can I do anytime actions during step 3 of the farm phase.

For example, if I want to upgrade some goods off my fields so I can grow another item?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
So, can I do anytime actions during step 3 of the farm phase.

For example, if I want to upgrade some goods off my fields so I can grow another item?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The farm phase, every player can play it simultanious, except of step 4 (buy a roof tile). To have the overview who is doing what, you can do one step after another. But while you are "active" in the farm phase (playing and drawing cards, get income, grow stuff), you can do the anytime-action anytime
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kranak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how both of you are active in helping with any rules questions. As it wasn't you in the thread that I had yesterday, I just wanted to let you also know how much I like this game. I think you two did a great job. It hits a lot of my preferred styles of game, but with enough new things that I look forward to playing it again soon, even after playing it consecutive days last weekend. I think it is a really cool game, with lots of possibilities in how you play your turns and achieve your goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're happy you enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dominik kowalski
msg tools
pls tell me i'm right?
Near before offsping I have 3 pigs and no room for next. So I sell 1 pig therefore i've got now space for offspring pig. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
dominGeS wrote:
pls tell me i'm right?
Near before offsping I have 3 pigs and no room for next. So I sell 1 pig therefore i've got now space for offspring pig. Right?
Correct, you just can't have no space for a pig (only 2 spaces with 2 pigs in the spaces) and say you're getting and immediately selling the new pig. But in your case, you have 3 pigs, you have 3 spaces, you sell off one of them to clear that 3rd space, and then breed one into the open space. Totally legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dominik kowalski
msg tools
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Murr! Correct answer! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m stephens
Wales
carmarthen
carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
Does this scenario work:
Farm Phase, I have one pig in one of the first two stalls, I play the farm card as an extension, draw back up to three, pay the cost, receive the trading commodity from the Deli craft marker, turn that into a pig and then breed a third little piggy ready for a delivery in that same round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikemafia wrote:
Hello all,
Does this scenario work:
Farm Phase, I have one pig in one of the first two stalls, I play the farm card as an extension, draw back up to three, pay the cost, receive the trading commodity from the Deli craft marker, turn that into a pig and then breed a third little piggy ready for a delivery in that same round?

That is all permissible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m stephens
Wales
carmarthen
carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PD-Verlag
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mikemafia wrote:
Hello all,
Does this scenario work:
Hi, I know this is counting peas, but if I understand you correctly there are 2 small mistakes:
...play the farm card as an extension, pay the cost, draw back up to four...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m stephens
Wales
carmarthen
carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're quite right. Nice pea counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Marcinkowski
Poland
LuboĊ„
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it's my English or am I just dumb

The last paragraph of section 5.1.1 says

"Alternatively, the player may transport trade
commodities to one of the craft buildings of the
village in the transportation phase, see 8.3.1."

What does it mean? Anytime action = free transport?

Another question that I just want confirmation: All workers with a '1x' mark on them work only once a turn, not once a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m1sha wrote:
I don't know if it's my English or am I just dumb

Another question that I just want confirmation: All workers with a '1x' mark on them work only once a turn, not once a game?

It's kind of mis-categorized. That section is explaining all the uses for trade commodities which are all anytime actions. However, that "alternatively" use for them isn't an anytime action.

Yes, 1x is once per round. Put a hex on it when you use it. At the start of each round you remove those markers to make the helpers available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
m1sha wrote:

Hi M1sha,
this small paragraph describes an alternative use for the trade commodities. Instead of using them as an anytime action, you can also deceide to deliver them to the craft building on the board. And how you make deliveries there is explained in the indicated chapter.

All anytime uses for the trade commodities are described above this paragraph it's purpose is to remind you of this alternate use. Also the anytime actions are all indicated on your farm board as well.

m1sha wrote:

That is right. Please use one of your personal markes to show you already used this helper. If you have no marker you have to tae one back from the board or wherever you can get it. Except from the grey spaces on the board. At the end of the round you may take your markers back to your personal supply and now the helpers are free for a use in the following round. Please see page 2 of the Glossary. Under "Assistant Role" there is a short explanation of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls