Richard Rubin
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If I draw an event card as a reinforcement, it can't match the reinforcement number. Does it come into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100 percent sure what you are asking so I'll just include extra information.

Rulebook, Pg 16: During the Reinforcement Draw phase of the Hostile Turn, you must draw a Hostile card for each Location card with a Soldier in it. Each
Hostile card has a value in its upper right corner. When you draw a Hostile card, compare that value against the Reinforce point value on the Location card. If they match, add the Hostile card to that Location.

So if the values match play them. if the events value does not match, discard it.

Rulebook, Pg 8: There are several Event cards within each Hostile deck. Each has a value in its top- right corner. Treat these cards as being the same as Hostile cards when drawing cards for a Location or Reinforcement. If the Event affects a Location, place the Event card next to the Location it was drawn for.

So Event cards can de drawn as Hostiles reinforcements, as long as Their value matches the reinforcement value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great reply Francisco!

In some games, "events" happen regardless. But in Warfighter, they only happen if the value in the top right of the card matches that of the location. In other words, if that value would allow a reinforcement to be placed, then the event would be placed. And yes they do count toward the reinforcement total drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls