Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrupted Business reads,

Quote:

Ongoing
When this card enters play, discard each Asset from the reserve with value 2 or less.
When an Investigator performs an Acquire Asset action, he may gain an Agreement Condition to add 4 successes to his test result

At this point in my game, there were two discarded Assets and I immediately replenished the empty Reserve slots.
Was that correct?

The Mythos card's intent is to possibly fill the reserve with high-cost assets and entice investigators to take an Agreement.
Or even reset the Reserve to allow Investigators to take an Agreement and buy several new, low to mid-range cost Assets?

If not, what is the reasoning?

For what it's worth, on the card, there is a Reckoning effect that causes investigators to lose 2 Sanity for each Deal Condition he has
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
I think, while this Effect is in play, it's an ever Ongoing Effect. So, each 2-or-below-cost Asset being revealed in subsequent turns, even if you fill up the Reserve, has to be discarded right away. Then fill up empty spaces, rinse and repeat. While this effect is in play, you can never have any Asset in the Reserve with Costs 2 or below.

At least this would make sense, I could be wrong though. After all the card says "when this card enters play", and not "while this card is in play" ... hmm, would love to hear an official clarification.

//EDIT:
Just counted through my deck of Assets (without SR), there are a measly amount of 19 Assets with cost of 3 or 4, opposed to 53 cost-2-or-below cards. Filling the reserve up until there are no cheap cards available anymore, would be fiddly and unwieldy, would take too long, wouldn't even be possible in some situations. I think you made the right call by playing it the way you did. The purpose of this Mythos-Card is just to increase the chance for there being more high-cost Assets available (and of course to trigger your Greedy Genes, in order to punish you more severly during upcoming Reckoning).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alex.
Sorry, this thread was meant for the Strange Remnants entry.
The card is from the latest expansion.
(I've contacted an admin to move it to the SR entry)

Also I realized if any discarded Assets were not replenished, it would make for a wonky 'hole' in the play routine and remainder of the games with empty slots possibly confusing players (at least in my solitaire games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that "When this card enters play" means that the effect only triggers once when the card enters play and isn't continuously applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Corrupted Business reads,

Quote:

Ongoing
When this card enters play, discard each Asset from the reserve with value 2 or less.
When an Investigator performs an Acquire Asset action, he may gain an Agreement Condition to add 4 successes to his test result

At this point in my game, there were two discarded Assets and I immediately replenished the empty Reserve slots.
Was that correct?

Yes, that was correct.

For what it's worth, on the card, there is a Reckoning effect that causes investigators to lose 2 Sanity for each Deal Condition he has

Only at the next reckoning or every reckoning thereafter? I'm very curious because I'm in love with this Mythos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth, the card is discarded at next Reckoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krzysiek, the card is discarded at next Reckoning.

Thank you. : )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.