Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Since my son and I play casually rather than competitively, I was wondering about assembling teams. For myself, I prefer to make teams that make sense in comic book terms rather than just winning combinations (and it's much harder to make good villain teams that make "comic book sense").

Since the game says you can choose UP to 8 cards and UP to 20 dice, how much of a strategic liability is it to choose less than 8/20?

In my limited experience, it doesn't seem like it would make much difference; I don't think I've seen more than 5 character dice purchased during a game.

But I'd rather not lose to my son over and over!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Its true that the core of a team built for tournament play will usually see 3-5 different characters/dice purchased with the remainder of the team (3-5) being there just in case X happens or Y shows up or cards A & B on your main group have been shut down.

For casual play you will probably be fine, but the more you play with the same team against other teams, the more you will probably wish you had another card or two in there, just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls