Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions:

1) When the Allies play the Casablance card do they get Victory Points for the three cities in Turkey and the one in Sweden (assuming they were not previuosly occupied by anyone)?

2) Can an Allied unit retreat from a map hex to an adjacent beachhead marker (the one they originally landed from)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. This leads me to a play balance question.

In my last game, Germany ended up in possession of Warsaw (and the rest of Poland) along with Paris and half of France, as well as holding the mountains of Northern Italy. Hungary and Rumania had defected to the Allies, but a panzer army ran down and took back their capital (VP) cities.

In short, the Germans did FAR better than historically (i.e. when Germany was overrun and Berlin fell) and yet by VP's in was VERY close. After Casablanca, and Hungary and Rumania's defection, the VP's went to negative one. The Panzer army grabbed back Rumania and Hungary, and the V-weapons card gave Germany back one VP, so the game ended at +2 VPs.

Have other folks experienced this dicotomy between the situation on the ground (i.e. Germany doing very well in the final turn) and the VPs (i.e. a near German loss)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to echo this question. I also saw this in For the People II (another card driven game of this type). Any thoughts?

Jason

Cleitus the Black wrote:
Thanks for the response. This leads me to a play balance question.

In my last game, Germany ended up in possession of Warsaw (and the rest of Poland) along with Paris and half of France, as well as holding the mountains of Northern Italy. Hungary and Rumania had defected to the Allies, but a panzer army ran down and took back their capital (VP) cities.

In short, the Germans did FAR better than historically (i.e. when Germany was overrun and Berlin fell) and yet by VP's in was VERY close. After Casablanca, and Hungary and Rumania's defection, the VP's went to negative one. The Panzer army grabbed back Rumania and Hungary, and the V-weapons card gave Germany back one VP, so the game ended at +2 VPs.

Have other folks experienced this dicotomy between the situation on the ground (i.e. Germany doing very well in the final turn) and the VPs (i.e. a near German loss)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I played to completion the Germans were still positive after losing everywhere but Germany, Denmark and Norway despite having lost a VP for holding no Russian VP spaces at the end of '44. I don't see how a German who still had a significant number of Balkan VPs could have negative VPs unless they had disobeyed multiple Hitler Orders, been penalised VPs for failing to achieve their end of year Russian VP requirements or failed to play Totaler Krieg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.