Vs System 2PCG: The Marvel Battles» Forums » General

Subject: What will be the expansion plan?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many boxes will be launched each year? Will be big box or booster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Mojo
msg tools
mbmb
2 smaller expansions each year. I think UD said about 100 cards. Then the big release at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, we have enough time to know the cards and learn the synergies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Daniel
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Expansions will be about 200, half the size as the main set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
200 cards each booster?
If they launch 2 in a year it will be great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Wauwatosa
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess 4 copies of each card in the expansion? so 50 new cards x4 copies? that's a pretty ok expansion schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will the expansions add cards to all 4 Marvel factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Drake
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion plan is to:

1)Have as many boxes as they can crank out every year to make a massive profit,

2)3-4 new keywords per expansion to confuse the hell out of new players,

3)Ban 2-3 cards per set,

4)Crank out Vs for other non-superhero licenses that make no sense whatsoever so that you can have Hello Kitty, vs Wolverine vs Firefly characters vs Michael Jordan vs Aliens

5)Discontinue the game abruptly like they did with Vs System original, Warcraft TCG, and Marvel Superheroes

There you have it! A plan for success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uff, if it's real I'll pass the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timtheboywonder wrote:

3)Ban 2-3 cards per set,

4)Crank out Vs for other non-superhero licenses that make no sense whatsoever so that you can have Hello Kitty, vs Wolverine vs Firefly characters vs Michael Jordan vs Aliens

5)Discontinue the game abruptly like they did with Vs System original, Warcraft TCG, and Marvel Superheroes

They have been handling Legendary really well and the Brand Manager: Brenner has been very vocal over on that board. It would be nice to see him visit over here everyone once in a while, but they know that VS player's got burned in the past and they have gained a reputation and now they are trying to mend that and make a better product.

So, I have high hopes for extra expansions, new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fozzy fosbourne
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
My biggest concern is when the Aliens/Predator/Firefly stuff starts coming out. I'd prefer to stick with Marvel characters, so I hope that at the very least they continue to release Marvel expansions during/after GenCon, once they have released the other brands. I assume they will, given Legendary's model.

It was cool having weird fringe factions sometimes in the original VS, although it can kind of make things funky if future expansions have power creep and obsolete the original, more prominently featured characters.

Also, R.I.P. Fantastic Four . I think two of my favorite decks back in the day were FF and Doom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Hartless
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fozzy fosbourne wrote:
My biggest concern is when the Aliens/Predator/Firefly stuff starts coming out. I'd prefer to stick with Marvel characters, so I hope that at the very least they continue to release Marvel expansions during/after GenCon, once they have released the other brands. I assume they will, given Legendary's model.

It was cool having weird fringe factions sometimes in the original VS, although it can kind of make things funky if future expansions have power creep and obsolete the original, more prominently featured characters.

Also, R.I.P. Fantastic Four . I think two of my favorite decks back in the day were FF and Doom

We really need to get UD's attention on this topic. I think it would be a big mistake to miss a Marvel release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Drake
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
timtheboywonder wrote:

3)Ban 2-3 cards per set,

They have been handling Legendary really well and the Brand Manager: Brenner has been very vocal over on that board. It would be nice to see him visit over here everyone once in a while, but they know that VS player's got burned in the past and they have gained a reputation and now they are trying to mend that and make a better product.

So, I have high hopes for extra expansions, new content.

I stopped playing Legendary because it was way too complicated. My 15+man play group doesn't even touch it anymore. There's 20+ keywords; UDE really overextended themselves on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Li
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'd be a big mistake to not get a shared DC Comics license, atleast for VS. System. Since Legendary is a Deck Builder, and Cryptozoic has the DC license for Deck Building games atleast... unless they do their own LCG, with all their licenses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't wait for the Aliens/Predator releases. It's the only reason I'm even interested in the game. I'd really like to know when Season 2 starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Gecon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guille RD
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolemitesooner wrote:
fozzy fosbourne wrote:

We really need to get UD's attention on this topic. I think it would be a big mistake to miss a Marvel release.

I agree with this. There is no official movement from UD to this? As Player I am really interest to play the marvel game, probably others likes the Alien thematic, and it is ok! but personally I also find that play spiderman togheter with another characteres like alien or firefly lose the sense and the spirit of the game, and defintly loss the thematic of the game... it could work as separatly games but all as one.. I am fear about it. So if someone knows something from UD officially please link the info! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pedrotronic wrote:
Next Gecon

Which is August. So that works out right with that release schedule of every 4 months. Nice. Shame I've got to wait so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls