Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own the game yet!
I also do not own any flick based board games.
While thinking about people coming over to play. i always image some one flicking a piece off the table, then everyone stopping to play to find the piece. I would hate to lose pieces or have people stop the fun looking for flicked pieces.

How is this prevented from happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
While thinking about people coming over to play. i always image some one flicking a piece off the table, then everyone stopping to play to find the piece. I would hate to lose pieces or have people stop the fun looking for flicked pieces.

Even a basic die roll can often drop off the table.

In Flick 'em Up! you are not allowed to gain any extra momentum by using your thumb against your forefinger, or against the table itself. This lessens any massive power shots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
shallowz wrote:

Even a basic die roll can often drop off the table.

In Flick 'em Up! you are not allowed to gain any extra momentum by using your thumb against your forefinger, or against the table itself. This lessens any massive power shots.

Yep. This rule, which is a great one, prevents too many wild flicks

Also bullets are the most likely bits to go flying - and the game comes with 4 of them. So in the course of a given game you can keep playing with the extra bullets while a people can look for fallen bullets when it's not their turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the demo I played, one person would often play "goalie", standing on the other side of the table to catch or at least watch where the shot goes. Although I suppose it would only be a matter of time before that person tries to distract the shooter - at least in my game group... shake

Anyway, I found pieces flying off is not really an issue. The pieces are relatively large and pretty easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Evans
United States
Port Angeles
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming, Strategizing, Trading; This is what's best in life.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first impression when this came out was "I hope they make a bunch of replacement bullets for sale". However, having played two scenarios last night, we never dropped a bullet off of the table. Usually the other players were in a position around the table that they could back-stop shots that carried allot of velocity. It also helps that the puck doesn't seem to want to lift off of the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.