GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » General

Subject: A good 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Putorek
United States
Mexico
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does it play well with 2 and about how long does it take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
of Rahdo runs through seems to think so. I am waiting for my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make it easy for you...

(his Final Thought are where he discusses issues or concerns. The few he references were taken under consideration and addressed by the designer, from what people have told me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask this question again in about 4 months when more than just a handful of people have actually played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played the prototype back in March, Im sure a few things have changed since then but we both had fun. It worked well with 2 IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoot McToot
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I played our first game last night (Kickstarter). It worked well as a two player game and we both enjoyed it.

The game took about 80 minutes but could easily have been an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 6 or so two player games now. Its quite quick. You can manage 45-60 minutes once you know what you are doing. And yes, its great 2 player.

As the buildings are refreshed after each buy, the biggest difference between 2 player and 4 player is more competition for the Epic buildings and the Jump-starter buildings (as we call the Star and Key buildings respectively). Some of the Epic/Star buildings are very powerful, so there is more blocking in 4 player. 2 player is more friendly.

In 2 player you are also involved in every turn, as when it is not your go, you are reading the story points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.