Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Voyages of Marco Polo» Forums » General

Subject: Language independent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patricio Garcia
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure that other then the rules this game is language independent? I am tired of waiting for a z-man copy may get a German edition and print out the rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Yes, it is language independent. I have a brand new German copy for sale right now here if you are interested...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
napinc wrote:
Just making sure that other then the rules this game is language independent? I am tired of waiting for a z-man copy may get a German edition and print out the rules.

I got a French version from BoardGameBliss. It's totally language independent.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricio Garcia
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
feldfan2014 wrote:
Yes, it is language independent. I have a brand new German copy for sale right now here if you are interested...
Shipping maybe a little as I am in Canada
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
napinc wrote:
feldfan2014 wrote:
Yes, it is language independent. I have a brand new German copy for sale right now here if you are interested...
Shipping maybe a little as I am in Canada

Ah crap, I didn't even notice the little Canada flag. It would probably be $20-something for shipping, but if you are interested, I could look into this more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
However, the included player aids have quite some text on them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But the game components themselves are all language independent.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Long
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
what about player roles/benefits on the cards? Wouldn't that be language dependent? Looks like a very compelling game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
buseyhead wrote:
what about player roles/benefits on the cards? Wouldn't that be language dependent? Looks like a very compelling game.

Nope... look at this:


It's all icons, which are explained in the rules, which if course you would need the rules for in English, but the icons are self-explanatory after you first read what they are.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricio Garcia
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help everyone. I ordered a French copy, it was 15 bucks cheaper then the German.
Now to get English instructions printed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls