Subject: OP8 wall questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure these have been answered before, but I thought I'd post them again.

1) If a wingover is attempted but the creature is found to be outside the play area, is the wingover completed, or does the creature stop against the wall facing the original direction (and on the ground)?

We played it faced the original direction.

2) As long as a creature finishes its move inside the play area, can the movement template be placed outside of the play area?

We played it could.
I'm more just double-checking what we did is correct.
Thanks in advance.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
underling wrote:
I'm pretty sure these have been answered before, but I thought I'd post them again.

1) If a wingover is attempted but the creature is found to be outside the play area, is the wingover completed, or does the creature stop against the wall facing the original direction (and on the ground)?

We played it faced the original direction.

2) As long as a creature finishes its move inside the play area, can the movement template be placed outside of the play area?

We played it could.
I'm more just double-checking what we did is correct.
Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I agree on both.

For #1 The closest thing we have in the rulebook is overlapping creature and it states that if the wingover/turnabout maneuver ends with the creature overlapping another creature it cannot do the 180 degree turn. Unless the overlapped creature is on the ground and the active creature is flying and opt's to bump past.

When it comes to number #2 The normal rules allows parts of the maneuver dial to fall outside the boundaries as long as the creature ends it's movement completely inside the play area. And the scenario rules only alters the effect of ending the movement with at least a part of the base outside of the play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Dungeon Alliance Champions (October 2019)
badge
Dungeon Alliance Champions (October 2019)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think both of those rulings are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls