BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Modified dominion boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
So after seeing this thread [thread=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1412803/dominion-storage-ev...]Dominion in 2 boxes[/thread] I decided to abandon my longer term plans of building a large wooden box for dominion (this was both cheaper and easier although I do have access to a table saw now, time is a factor too)

Contained, so far, are Dominion, Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, Guilds, and Alchemy. Plenty o' room left though. The cell phone pictures are poor, but I can't be bothered to go get a DLSR for something like this. I reserve those for birds and bees (pretty literally). Look at all those blown highlights. If this were a bird shot I'd probably be upset laugh.

This bloated mess is what we start with

The we have the guts

One of the modifications I made based on the previous poster, I added a small foot to angle the player mats and a cut out to remove them easily, but keep them in place.

And the final change I made was small resource boxes that sit in front of the grab slot for the player mats. The blue is just a loop of card stock that acts as a lift to get them out of that tighter space. A sling if you will.

Some of the work could be a bit cleaner but I don't exactly take my time on these. If I had a sanding block I could likely clean some of it up (per a interesting tip I saw on this forum). That would likely be the finishing touch this could use (for the boxes at least).

At the end of the day, Dominion now takes up less than 1/2 as much space. Being able to hold 2-3 more expansions means that ratio will only grow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.