GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Copycat» Forums » Rules

Subject: 10 VP into 60 or 90 VP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
OK I've reading the threads about the copying and doubling and am still confused about something.

10 VP card, two copy cards, and 2 Campaign Trails.

Copy the 10 VP card twice - 30 VPs. Does copying a card move it to the temporary clipboard? - if so then of course the below is invalid.

Use a campaign trail - does this apply to all 3 cards at once (the 10 VP and the 2 copies? - for 60 VP.

At this point, does the 10 VP card and the two copies go to the temporary clipboard since it has been used twice?

Now if the card doesn't go to the clipboard, doesn't playing the campaign trail again give you an additional 30 VP for 90 VP?

If the cards go to the clipboard, would playing the 2nd campaign trail still give you additional VPs from other non-card sources (on offices, and green chits from office spaces)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Copy the CARD does not. If you were to use the little icon that lets you copy the function of the card (present on the board), then yes, it would go to the temporary clipboard.
More importantly: Campaign trail (if it's the card I'm thinking of) ONLY WORKS ON VP CHITS, NOT VP CARDS (And as so far, in this turn illustration, you've used national newspaper and copy and copy, campaign trail does NOTHING). Note the beveled edge on the illustration.

You end your turn with 30 vp.

However, had you chosen the re-use, or copy, or whatever the name is for the board action, you would have been able to copy the function of one of your (now) 3 10 vp cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Lin
msg tools
hanibalicious wrote:
Copy the CARD does not. If you were to use the little icon that lets you copy the function of the card (present on the board), then yes, it would go to the temporary clipboard.
More importantly: Campaign trail (if it's the card I'm thinking of) ONLY WORKS ON VP CHITS, NOT VP CARDS (And as so far, in this turn illustration, you've used national newspaper and copy and copy, campaign trail does NOTHING). Note the beveled edge on the illustration.

You end your turn with 30 vp.

However, had you chosen the re-use, or copy, or whatever the name is for the board action, you would have been able to copy the function of one of your (now) 3 10 vp cards.

But the above could apply to Garden party on a gold card, correct?

Also, the cards in your hand never give you VP chits, but the spaces on the board give you VP chits when you use the worker correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards never give you vp chits, only spaces on the board, correct.
Which one is garden party?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garden party is the card that doubles your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, bearing in mind 2 very important things:

1. Doubling is a misnomer. It should be noted that what it actually does is +x, where x is the total sum of your pre-doubled money. So, in practice,
2. you can, at most, have 3x.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if you copy "garden party" twice with two Copy cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as the rulebook states, neither money nor vp tokens can be made to be more than 3x. The card copy is weird, because it is not a +x. It literally becomes, on moment of play, another instance of a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.