Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen many reviews. I hear the models look nice, but is it overly complicated without needing to be? The combat rules seem fiddly. Is it balanced as 2 player game? How about 4? As cool as the theme and and minis are I get the feeling that this is not as polished a game as say Imperial Assault, Doom, or other combat heavy dungeon crawls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Haven't seen many reviews. I hear the models look nice, but is it overly complicated without needing to be? The combat rules seem fiddly. Is it balanced as 2 player game? How about 4? As cool as the theme and and minis are I get the feeling that this is not as polished a game as say Imperial Assault, Doom, or other combat heavy dungeon crawls.

I was one of the very lucky ones who pre-ordered [was too late to join the KS].and received my box in the very first wave.so ive played it quite a bit.and here are my thoughts...firstly its more doom/space hulk than imperial assault...which is good as I think imperial assault was a bit of a let down for the SW licence..ie:no iconic characters in the game only ones making "guest"appearences in certain missions...that cant be said for AVP as this has 3 iconic figures and all are treat equally...
the rules can be a bit so-so when you first start.but I found them a hell of a lot simpler than the imperial assault ones.

secondly,this is a "sandbox" game..so it is totally open to modding.and even gives you stats for predaliens/elder predators/high level marines in the rulebook/manual.
there are other figures and tilesets campaigns etc to be released after the full wave one is completed.so a lot more playability and once the modding community starts getting into it..we will see more rulesets and scenarios and campaigns...as for the gameplay itself I uually play solo or two player and balancing is quite good.although some people say one faction is more OP than another.depends how you play them.and each faction is totally different tactics wise...so that's my thoughts on the game
definitely a very good boardgame..and if your a AVP fan then its a no-brainer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the first mission with a complete, 3-player setup and it was great! If no reviews appear soon, then I'm gonna try playing a few more games and then writing one myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary Gee, I've heard mixed things about playing this solo - since you have experience, can you comment on it? If I'm expecting it to be 95% solo, is it still worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
Gary Gee, I've heard mixed things about playing this solo - since you have experience, can you comment on it? If I'm expecting it to be 95% solo, is it still worth it?

Hi,Michael.

well,i usually solo games and to be honest most games can be "tweaked"to play solo..only boardgame I haven't been able to play solo is the battle of the five armies.
what makes this game good is theres already other games out there that you can use the rules from to play this game solo...aliens board game and bug hunt which is almost like it was made for this game!!
as for the solo rules for the game they are straight forward enough but aren't set up for the campaign..but get the bug hunt rules and you got aliens movie etc etc link is below.

http://tabletoptitans.com/rules/0002.php

but as I said in the earlier post on here.prodos are supposed to be putting out more solo rules for the game.

hope that helps you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Good to hear Prodos is working on it. I'll probably pick it up as soon as it comes out at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
Thanks! Good to hear Prodos is working on it. I'll probably pick it up as soon as it comes out at retail.

you wont be disappointed martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.