BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Good games for 3+ players asynchronous online play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Palimpsest
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is a fairly specific search, so knock on wood... I'm looking for games that support at least three players that are suitable for online asynchronous play, with a fair amount of interaction without ending up into too many small steps that bog down the game (Caylus would be perfect for this if it didn't require so many steps to go through a single turn).

I'm only looking for games that are ideal for three players (I'm well stocked on two player games), eg games like Tash Kalar or Dominion are out of the running due to being best with two players. Playtime isn't too important so long as the game can finish in a reasonable timeframe (days or weeks), and pretty much anything goes regarding theme/weight/mechanics.

Through the Ages is a very good example of what I'm looking for in terms of playing online, and on the lower end of the level of interactivity I'm seeking. Something like Puerto Rico or Terra Mystica works well too but is lacking a little too much for interactivity, and Diplomacy is a little too much dynamite for the tastes of my group

Games I am currently considering but not sure about their suitability for PBEM-like play: Here I Stand, Friedrich, Maria, Le Havre, and maybe Game of Thrones but I suspect that game would be too broken up to really flow well online.

Any thoughts on this or suggestions on games that work particularly well online? Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls