Judy T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,
I wasn't sure where to ask this, so here goes nothing.

I'm trying to put together a list of paint to order so I can start painting my Imperial Assault figures. I have most of the Citadel Paints converted to Vallejo but I am having a hard time finding these:

1. Athonian Camoshade
2. Bloodletter
3. Cassandora Yellow
4. Dark Reaper
5. Deathclaw Brown
6. Eshin Grey
7. Guilliman Blue
8. Lahmian Medium
9. Lamenters Yellow
10. Longbeard Grey
11. Mechanicus Standard Grey
12. Necron Compound
13. Nihilakh Oxide
14. Ogryn Camo
15. Russ Grey
16. Screaming Skull
17. Stegadon Scale Green
18. Stirland Mud
19. Terminatus Stone
20. Thunderhawk Blue
21. Typhus Corrosion
22. Tyrant Skull
23. Uniform Grey
24. Way watcher Green
25. Wild Rider Red

If anyone knows the Vallejo equivalent of these citadel paints that would be very helpful.

Additionally, if anyone knows the significance of a Citadel glaze, I've decided to use Citadel washes, simply because I like them. However, I am not sure whether to use Citadel Glazes or if there is a Vallejo equivalent of those as well.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For the first time ever, I might be able to shed some light. Glazes are thinner than washes, and they have some drying retarder in them. You can buy glaze medium from Vallejo if you want to create glazes.

BTW, how did you convert Citadel to Vallejo? I need to convert the Citadel line to Vallejo too.

*edit* Forgot to mention - you might try the Miniature Painters Guild with your question too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Thank you! That just knocked off 4 from my list. I found a link that had a chart for paint compatibility between the Citadel and Vallejo paints:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_...

Vallejo also has a paint chart on pdf here (a portion of this chart also includes an equivalency list of other vendors):
http://cdn.acrylicosvallejo.com/8fd17290d7e9c7bf61e6a487a116...

And thanks for the link; I kinda thought I was posting on the wrong forum.

Edit: Added Vallejo url
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.