Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
I'm staying near Carcassonne and wondering if there are any games stores near by? Any help would be appreciated.

I tried searching for previous threads but its shocking how many hits you get on the geek with Carcassonne in the body text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tadpoleface wrote:
I'm staying near Carcassonne and wondering if there are any games stores near by? Any help would be appreciated.

I tried searching for previous threads but its shocking how many hits you get on the geek with Carcassonne in the body text.

that's in France and you would probably be best asking in the France forum over at

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/103/boardgamegeek/france

imho ymmv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I did not see any when I was there, but I did find a nice one in Toulouse which isn't too far away. Can't remember the name of the store, we are talking 2002 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game cafe that has a small games collection (and I mean really small!) currently only opening 1pm to about 7 pm. It is on boulevard de varsovie on the west side of the town (short walk from the place carnot central square).

There are two great games shops in Toulouse, both easy walking from the station. One is Passe Temps, off the central capitol square, the other is at Passage Jerome in the St George shopping centre (also mercifully air conditioned!). Unfortunately, the latter was closed for a holiday last week, but I am pretty sure it was due to reopen on 8th. If you have not visited Toulouse, it is worth a trip regardless of game shops - the train is good, or an hour driving on the A61 and about 9 euros each way on the payage. Don't try the N113 - picturesque in places, but mostly dull and very long.

Not much anywhere else that I know of (including Narbonne, Beziers and Castelnaudry). There is a board game club in carcassonne, I believe, if it is still operational but I have not been (my son went once some years ago) and I think it is probably all french speaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:
There is a game cafe that has a small games collection (and I mean really small!) currently only opening 1pm to about 7 pm. It is on boulevard de varsovie on the west side of the town (short walk from the place carnot central square).

There are two great games shops in Toulouse, both easy walking from the station. One is Passe Temps, off the central capitol square, the other is at Passage Jerome in the St George shopping centre (also mercifully air conditioned!). Unfortunately, the latter was closed for a holiday last week, but I am pretty sure it was due to reopen on 8th. If you have not visited Toulouse, it is worth a trip regardless of game shops - the train is good, or an hour driving on the A61 and about 9 euros each way on the payage. Don't try the N113 - picturesque in places, but mostly dull and very long.

Not much anywhere else that I know of (including Narbonne, Beziers and Castelnaudry). There is a board game club in carcassonne, I believe, if it is still operational but I have not been (my son went once some years ago) and I think it is probably all french speaking.

Found the game cafe yesterday heres a handy map as the outside sign is for a Cybercafe of which it is half.

The games available to play was a small collection but there where some interesting titles such as Full Metal Planète in the mix. They had another small but decent range on sale, mostly popular stuff but a few lesser know titles too. Half the store is devoted to LAN gaming but it still has a pleasant atmosphere, my wife even commented on it as we left which is a compliment indeed.

I considered getting a new copy of Carcassonne but I have most of the expansions I want so I settled on a first edition copy of Nottingham lurching on the shelf for €15. There was added amusement value for the kids as Nottingham is the closest city to us at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you found it.

I'm guessing you are just in Carcassonne as a one off trip - maybe nearly over (did you get up to Lac de Cavayere? It is the local "beach" and swimming in a lake is a wonderful experience.). But, in case you are here longer and need more games, I have to recommend Philibert as a mail order service in France that sends to local tabacs (Mondial Relay service). Super prompt service (I ordered Shades of Tezla on Sunday night, it was packed and dispatched Monday, and it is due to arrive at the local Tabac this evening). I have a small house in the area, so maintain a game collection here as well as there. I like to have different games in both, so I look forward to picking up old favourites when we are here. Antiquity lives here! So do Starcraft and Cuba. I have just a very small overlap and MageKnights is one (with all expansions) - it seems that I cannot contemplate life out of immediate reach of a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is a BGG Rule, that if you are in Carcassonne, you MUST take a photo of yourself PLAYING Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
porkuslime wrote:
I believe it is a BGG Rule, that if you are in Carcassonne, you MUST take a photo of yourself PLAYING Carcassonne.

I didn't feel like importing my own copy and a picture of the app isnt really good enought but how about a picture of the only shop in La Cite that sells the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.