Subject: How much assembly is involved? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

I picked this up in my FLGS yesterday but, didn't follow through with the purchase as it's not clear just how much assembly will be involved here; and the photo on the back of the box was no help what-so-ever (not to mention being as blurry as hell).

I couldn't find the standard "some assembly required" on the box, but I didn't believe for a second that this would be good to go straight out of the box.. And I'm good with that. It'd just be nice to know how big the can of worms I'm opening is when I'm dropping £75 on a project.

Any chance anyone here could fill me in / point me in the right direction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yog Sothoth
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom,

It isn't too bad. The aliens need their tales attaching with the real pain being to clear the trim on their palms - crazy place to put an attachment point for the mold but with care you can clear them without a breakage! The stalker aliens, marines and preds all need various limbs attaching but they are pretty easy - only 2 limbs on each as I remember. There is very little flash and what is there comes off easily.

I put all mine onto resin bases and pinned them on which took slightly longer than using the supplied base but at that point they were ready for gaming. Of course, I now need to paint them but I am having a couple of weeks off before starting on them to avoid burnout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartomancer wrote:
I picked this up in my FLGS yesterday...

As a Kickstarter backer who has not received his copy yet, I gotta admit this irks me a little, not a lot, a little.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Assembly is needed, a bit of cutting, flash removing, glueing (models are not snap fit), but I finished mine with custom bases (the pics are in the gallery) in about a day .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
Cartomancer wrote:
I picked this up in my FLGS yesterday...

As a Kickstarter backer who has not received his copy yet, I gotta admit this irks me a little, not a lot, a little.

Peace

Don't feel too bad. He lives in the UK where the game is published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Don't feel too bad. He lives in the UK where the game is published.
Some of us UK Kickstart backers haven't had a sniff of it yet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Grimshaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. The information from EyeSeven and Gacu666 is exactly what I was looking for; as this game looked interesting to say the least, but the pictures on the box where as about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Cheers all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.