Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I will have 3 players for DoDs and I am wondering which would be the best three player scenario for teaching the game.
Idealy it would be one of the smaller scenarios, but they seem all 2 players, so it looks like D+1 at either the British or American beaches w/ 2 Allied & 1 German player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I think the American beaches is better, not quite as much craziness going on. The D+1 is a lot of set-up, but it gets you right into the game w/o the invasion turns. So I would recommend D+1 American beaches, ALTHOUGH the German player doesn't have to be quite as compartmentalized - you really want one unified command with the D+1 beaches as the German since where you put the 12 SS is really really important etc.

ALTERNATELY if it's a teaching game, you could do Utah and have one German handle the northern flank and another the river and southern flank. But beginners will probably like playing the allies since they get to do all the stuff and the Germans, other than some local counterattacks, are mainly taking body blows the whole time ;-) Then again, just because you're teaching the game doesn't mean they're beginners I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be the first SCS for all of us. I do however have a lot of hours playing OCS under my belt.
I figured I would play the Germans and let the newbies pummel me as the Allies. The Utah beach split does intrigue me. that might be the solution I was looking for. One of the learners will probably bow out early, so making her my German partner will help us all learn and cover us when she has to leave early.
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls