Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I am reading the rules and can't account for a particular scenario:

To place a tile on the board does there always have to be a LEADING stone?

IE can I place a tile that has a stone on it that leads to the existing (explored) tile that DOES NOT have a stone on it?

The rules state: "There must be at least one stone leading to the new hexagon from one adjacent explored one." Which would support the first question I asked. HOWEVER the very next statement says:

"The movement stone(s) may be on the new hexagon, or the explored one(s) or both."

This supports the second question that I can place a tile next to ANY explored tile as long as it has a stone on itself connecting to the explored one.

I hope I worded that so it makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Another Tile Placement Question
Sylvus (#18481),

I sent an email to Rio Grande Games. Following is the original question and the response. Hopefully this helps anyone that has a tile placement question:

====================

I am trying to figure out tile placement.

There are two possiblities that both seem to be supported by the rules as I read them:

1) You can only place a NEW tile next to an explored tile that has a stone leading from it.

This is supported by this quote. "There must be at least one stone leading to the new hexagon from one adjacent explored one"

2) You can place a new tile next to an explored one that does not have a stone leading from it as long as the NEW tile has a stone leading TO the explored one.

This is supported by the following sentance that states, "The movement stone(s) may be on the NEW hexagon OR the explored one(s) or both."

I know there will be situations where If a new tile is placed that it will have a stone on it that might touch a tile that did NOT have a stone on it. Does that force open a new route?

===================

Here is the response from Jay:

Matthew,

>2) You can place a new tile next to an explored one that does not have a stone leading from it as long as the NEW tile has a stone leading TO the explored one.

This is correct!

Jay M Tummelson
Rio Grande Games
www.riograndegames.com

PO Box 45715
Rio Rancho, NM 87174

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can simplify the rules to say that a tile has to be placed in such a way that it is immediately accessible; i.e. it cannot me stranded, with no way onto it or off of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way to look at it is there must be one legal path created with the new tile placment. My wife and I saw a game at Ben Con (we were amazed seeing the board full of tiles) where at least half the tiles were placed wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.