Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Kingsmen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Solo
msg tools
Looking at all the bosses , the Kingsmen seems odd to me that you only fight one. It would seem to make more sense if you fought multiples of them at one time. I know the showdown is designed more for the heroes bs a single model, but I wonder how hard it would be to modify the game to fight 4-6 at once (since the KS comes with 6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's still possible that we do fight multiple kingsmen at a time, we actually haven't seen anything from their AI deck yet to know. There is a precedence for multiple enemy models being on the table all at the same time. I believe the Dung Beetle Knight has his ball that travels around and the Spidicules monster has little baby spiders that come into his fight (they may only be tokens though). I would think it'd be fairly easy to incorporate them into the game, they just all go together as a group and use some kind of squad tactics, though it might be overwhelming for the group depending on how tough an individual Kingsman is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only one Kings Man listed in the game contents, so it looks like the fight is against one of them to me.

I am not sure, but is the Kings Man a regular Hunt -> Showdown monster? I thought I saw that he was linked to a Settlement Event. I only skim the "spoilers", so I am not 100%.

There are multiple Kings Men in the KS Survivor pledge, so there might be some home brew rules for big brawls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kingsmen are nemesis monsters, so they show up at your settlement. And there is only 1 in the box normally (kickstarter backers get 5 more). Now if he has after images or something there would be a use for the other 5 but I kind of doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevertellmetheodds wrote:
Looking at all the bosses , the Kingsmen seems odd to me that you only fight one. It would seem to make more sense if you fought multiples of them at one time. I know the showdown is designed more for the heroes bs a single model, but I wonder how hard it would be to modify the game to fight 4-6 at once (since the KS comes with 6).

They are apparently used to patrol (The Hand can see through their eyes) and to inscrutably deliver or remove babies from settlements and thus are mostly going to be encountered on their own.

They are also supposed to be something like the third nastiest monster in the basic set after the Hand and the Watcher.

It's been implied the armour can take control of people to replace the wearer if necessary.

As mentioned there will be multipart monsters, Spidecules and the Dung Beetle as mentioned above and the Manhunter can apparently join in during other fights.

Valandor wrote:
The Kingsmen are nemesis monsters, so they show up at your settlement.

It was mentioned that you might run into them while hunting for something else after a certain point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
As mentioned there will be multipart monsters, Spidecules and the Dung Beetle as mentioned above and the Manhunter can apparently join in during other fights.

Oh, that's right! I forgot that the MH can show up during a showdown with another Monster! (Adam said, don't worry, he'll either wait his turn, or wipe you out mid fight.)
Don't forget, there's also a chance to encounter a MH that has a "trained" White Lion companion.
More and more I think MH is going to be the biggest jerk in KDM.

(Someone said the team/testers said the Kingsmen were the jerks. It's looking like Manhunter will give them a run for the money)

paddirn wrote:
Spidicules monster has little baby spiders that come into his fight (they may only be tokens though)

There was an upgrade. Spidicules comes with 6x spawn minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.