Subject: Turn/Round/Action tracking... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say in a round, each player has four turns (one action per turn excluding free actions I think). Is there a mechanism in the game itself to keep track of the four turns, or do people use a d4 etc.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each turn the players take a die from the Action table. The round ends after the last die is taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put a die in front of you when you do an action. That makes it easy to track where things are for the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes - give me a few days to notice stuff in the rules shake Thanks guys. cool

Why say a player has 4 turns - I don't think that coincides with using up all the action dice does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
Ah, yes - give me a few days to notice stuff in the rules shake Thanks guys. cool

Why say a player has 4 turns - I don't think that coincides with using up all the action dice does it?

Yes there should be exactly the number of dice for all players to take 4 turns (2 players there are 12 dice and each player has 6 turns)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it now.. There's nothing in the game to allow a player to take an additional action die then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
I get it now.. There's nothing in the game to allow a player to take an additional action die then.

Correct.

There are things that let you do extra actions, but not by taking an additional die. These extra actions come from getting country flags and placing them on your company/player board which can/may trigger an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carroll
msg tools
What I do is take the die and set it next to the contract being taken until the contract is executed (or not). I then place the die on the edge of the board. The next player does the same. I even place the dice in rows of 4 so everyone knows exactly where they are during the round.

I do this because we lost track a few times and it's a hassle to backtrack. This works well for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boomer1000 wrote:
What I do is take the die and set it next to the contract being taken until the contract is executed (or not). I then place the die on the edge of the board. The next player does the same. I even place the dice in rows of 4 so everyone knows exactly where they are during the round.

I do this because we lost track a few times and it's a hassle to backtrack. This works well for me.

Or as the rules simply suggest:

Quote:
pick a white die and place it near your Clipboard

e z p z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls