Jeff Brewer
Australia
DUNLOP
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I received a copy if Firefly recently, and like it so much I purchased a few of the expansions.

I 3D printed some basic holders to hold the components for the base game, so I know which were the components for it.

Wanting to get into the expansions as quickly as possible, I punched everything out, and put them all in one of the boxes, to be sorted later.

Going back to the box a few hours later, I started to sort the components out by type.

I was surprised to find that I have the following components in two different sizes:

. Cargo/ contraband tokens;
. Passenger/ fugitive tokens;
. Disgruntled tokens;
. Parts tokens; and
. Fuel tokens.

It would appear that tokens from one expansion are larger than those provided in the base game.

Has anyone else experienced this?

On the plus side, these larger tokens are a better quality than the smaller ones. I think I'd prefer them all to be this size!

Number of larger tokens:

. 5 x Cargo;
. 5 x Passenger;
. 10 x Fuel;
. 5 x Part;
. 4 x Disgruntled.

Do these numbers match the contents of any one expansion?

Cheers,

[edited to add image]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Expansions have different size tokens.
(At least mine did as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine do as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, it was the Pirate and Bounty Hunter Expansion that had the larger tokens (I didn't keep a note of what came with what as I was always going to use all the expansions all the time ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been true for all three copies of base+expansions I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Kapagami
Norway
Trondheim
Sør-Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me, this was only the issue with the Pirates and Bounty Hunters expansion. Additionally, the haven tokens were also larger. (can't recall of the warrants were larger too). I basically cut them down to size to match the rest of the game.

There has been other differences too: Slight color differences on card backs; Everything with the promo version of the Artful Dodger; The planet orbits on the maps (yeah, I know I'm being picky); (and that the Blue Sun Board does not exactly line up with the base game); the plastic box interior thingy (though thrown away a long time ago); the color intensity of the tokens; the cutting of the tokens; the quality and colors on the setup and Story cards,.. and probably much more.

But you know what. None of this has ever mattered in a game of Firefly. The game rocks in every way. And I have clear-sleeved the whole game making the slight card back differences. Waiting for Kalidasa now. Everything is gonne be even more awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the tokens are definitely different sizes. It drives my in-game OCD absolutely nuts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Statarius

Citrus Heights
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one expansion with larger tokens, which are now sleeping with the fishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.