Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
eharding wrote:
How many actions does he get?
Can he rest?
Not recalling the specifics of that mission, every figure gets 2 actions. So yes, the captive gets 2 as well.

Only heroes can rest. The captive is not a hero therefore he cannot rest. The captive shouldn't have any endurance so what would he recover?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The captive is not a hero and does not have a weapon, so he can only do two move actions, then spend the movement points.

(There are no objects other than crates, so the captive can't use the interact action either.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this mission yesterday. I was the imperial side. I found that, by putting multiple guys in the hallway right by the entrance, I was able to block the captives ability to move through me (since he only gets two movement, putting two guys in a row meant he didn't have enough movement to get through us). This seems cheap, but did we play it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The captive gets 4 movement points per activation, 2 from each move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
The captive gets 4 movement points per activation, 2 from each move action.

So wouldn't he blocked in if there were two imperials blocking his path?

I.e.

[Entrance] o o [Imperial] [Imperial] [Captive] o o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
So wouldn't he blocked in if there were two imperials blocking his path?
Yes, possibly, if they are inside the corridor. Even one Nexu can do that. But, there are heroes to take out the imperials, so it depends on how their defense holds.

(Also, it does not cost extra mp to move through friendly figures, so if the rebels can set up a rebel figure chain into the corridor, it's easier to get the captive through.)

Blocking is one of my strategies when applicable. It stops to work when the rebels become more powerful and/or there is no round limit, but is useful in conjunction with other strategies and tactics. Especially blocking corners take the rebels extra movement points to get from where they are to where they need to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls