GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,981 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

La Granja» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Assistant/Helper Cards be Replaced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Likely I missed a note someplace but the subject covers it...

So if you cannot choose your helpers carefully if you can, it matters less.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you CAN replace helpers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get so many card plays, so you do want to avoid this in general, but there are helpers that are more useful in early game versus late game where it certainly can make sense do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
The note in the rules you missed is near the bottom of page 11 in the first column ...

"Playing a card as a market barrow, helper, or field is always free. If a player already has three market barrows (or three helpers) on his farm and would like to play another one, he must discard an existing one to make room for the new market barrow (or helper)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only one helper that you can't replace under certain circumstances. The helper is an extra place for a roof (can't remember the name and I'm at work) and if you have used it for a roof you can't replace it. There is an icon at the bottom of the card that shows that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.