Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Bade
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out my Auction of 15 great games that just don't get enough play at our house.

[geeklist=194924]Games Auction, Including OOP items [/geeklist]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't consider Fury of Dracula out of print considering FFG is reprinting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
So is Mission Red Planet, but you need a catchy title or you get nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would consider them both OOP until Fantasy Flight begins shipping.

Both games are clearly deep into the manufacturing process, and possibly even on a boat.

But, I always take reprint announcements with a grain of salt. In the past, there have been announcements of reprints by FFG that never materialized; namely, I'm thinking of Blood Royale.

Additionally, some reprints don't live up to their original editions. FFG's reprint of Merchant of Venus (second edition) supports 1-4 players; the original Avalon Hill edition supports 1-6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramy Poulin
United States
San Digeo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission Red Planet is "at the printer" so I'd estimate 2-3 more months before release

Fury of Dracula is "in development" so don't expect it for at least 4 months, 6 months would not be surprising

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nonetheless, the fact that these games are in the process of being reprinted means that they aren't OOP as commonly meant. This isn't your last chance to ever get these games. Certainly not like how Fury of Dracula appeared to be until recently.

The use of OOP here may "trick" people who haven't heard of the reprints (which some thought would never be reprinted). They may see this and think these games are only ever going to be available on the secondary market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus, guys, he called this out in every listing such as Fury of Dracula. Its not like he's being deceptive.

Cut the guy some slack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tygo wrote:
Jesus, guys, he called this out in every listing such as Fury of Dracula. Its not like he's being deceptive.

Cut the guy some slack.
When I originally looked at the auction, he hadn't. I'm glad to see that he did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Bade
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys bring up some excellent points. Of which I agree with. Learning as I go.

There are still a couple OOP titles so I get to keep the header.

Also, I would say an edition can be OOP. The 1st edition of Runewars is far superior to the revised edition for one simple reason...3d Mountains. And when I initially sought it out that part was very important. So to say an edition is OOP is valid (but should be clarified).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls