MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Elimination assessed at the end of the period or at the beginning of the next period?

Let's say my team goes down to 1 Runner during the fourth period (all the others are dead) and the game is not going into overtime. Do I lose the game because I would not be able to field a full team or does the game end before I am considered eliminated?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Is Elimination assessed at the end of the period or at the beginning of the next period?

RAW - It is a step in the "End of Period" to field your players for the next period. It is also the first thing to check at the beginning of a period.

Ronaldo wrote:

Let's say my team goes down to 1 Runner during the fourth period (all the others are dead) and the game is not going into overtime. Do I lose the game because I would not be able to field a full team or does the game end before I am considered eliminated?

My understanding here is that you do not lose the game based on elimination but based on what the score will be. It is understood that there is no overtime to be played. Which means no check at that beginning of the period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not convinced. In the period summary printed on the board, preparing for the next period is part of the end of the current period. In my example, the next period doesn't exist, OTOH, the current period needs to end.

I could see this going either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an official answer, cool.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Elimination by lack of figures happens at the beginning of a period. So you can still win the game with a lot of losses, as long as no more periods need to be played.

Thank you for your support
Brandy Root"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls