Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've played 1 game of Archipelago, and I'm sure that there are a lot more questions I will have, but I do have to ask this-

When can you use a Discovery Token to get one of any resource? Can I use it in a crisis (yes)? Can I use it to build a building? Can I use it to sell any good of my choice? Go like, "I want to sell Exotic Fruit!" and then trade in a Discovery Token to sell fruit?

(Okay I'm pretty sure I'm just using the Discovery terminology from Eclipse.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
Okay, I've played 1 game of Archipelago, and I'm sure that there are a lot more questions I will have, but I do have to ask this-

When can you use a Discovery Token to get one of any resource? Can I use it in a crisis (yes)? Can I use it to build a building? Can I use it to sell any good of my choice? Go like, "I want to sell Exotic Fruit!" and then trade in a Discovery Token to sell fruit?

(Okay I'm pretty sure I'm just using the Discovery terminology from Eclipse.)

The answer to all of those is yes, with two caveats:

1) You can only trade it if there is an available cube in the supply.

2) You can only trade it at the point you are going to expend it, you can only stockpile it in token form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scottt morriss
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
fairly certain they can be used any time you would use them. that includes any time you would do anything that would send them back into the box, or on the market board. pretty much the only time they arent used is at the end during scoring. they only count as exploration tokens, and not as any other resource
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are also not allowed to say convert it stone, and then just store that stone.

But yes, anytime you need to use a resource (for anything but endgame scoring) you can use them as long as there is an available cube in supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls