9 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Lore Questions: Chaons and names rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dead account
msg tools
badge
As of Argent and Fate of Indines, we now have four known Chaons running around Indines in various forms: Orianaxeniavellopholetta, Irialandradayamorella, Lavaninaelocadamettarcial, and...Welsie Acktern.

Welsie seems to be the odd duck out here. Is there a reason that Welsie doesn't have a 10-12 syllable name like the other three?

Does it have something to do with being the "smallest" of the Chaons? (She's the only one of the four who can fit her entire self into Indines--at least six entire selves, in fact.)

Or does Welsie have another "full" name that she conceals for some reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Mage
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the others also have 'normal' names, like Oriana, Iri and Lavanina. Maybe Welsie's chaon name isn't revealed by herself yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knuckles Eki wrote:
Well, the others also have 'normal' names, like Oriana, Iri and Lavanina. Maybe Welsie's chaon name isn't revealed by herself yet.

Not normal names, just shorter versions. Maybe Brad just didnt hit his forehead on the keyboard for Welsie yet.DDpp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Her full name is probably something like Welsoripdulamamamamiziparella, or "Welsie" for short.

Maybe she married a man named Joe Acktern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarrawayEffect wrote:
Lavaninaelocadamettarcial

Who was this again? Sorry, I'm too lazy to dig out my Argent box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
CarrawayEffect wrote:
Lavaninaelocadamettarcial

Who was this again? Sorry, I'm too lazy to dig out my Argent box...

I believe she's one of the two Planar Science candidates (she's the Dean).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Welsie has a deep fascination with life in Indines, which is why she keeps coming back in time and reliving different lives, breaking into the boundary of obsession, really. She has renamed herself with a more Indines-apprioriate name, but she originally had a Chaon style name in her home plane. She's not shy about the fact that she's a Chaon, but she has adopted Indines as her home plane, and renounced her original home, unlike others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Welsie has a deep fascination with life in Indines, which is why she keeps coming back in time and reliving different lives, breaking into the boundary of obsession, really. She has renamed herself with a more Indines-apprioriate name, but she originally had a Chaon style name in her home plane. She's not shy about the fact that she's a Chaon, but she has adopted Indines as her home plane, and renounced her original home, unlike others.

Welsie is already one of my favorite Indines characters, both for the way she plays and her story.

So...are we ever going to learn her Chaon name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls