that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
This post details what is currently available to expand Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King. The current releases are well-categorized by Soda Pop, so I've labeled as indicated in bold below. First edition expansions are listed for reference, though most are expected to be eventually updated for Forgotten King.

Level
Adds three Heroes, one Boss with Treasures, one Mini-Boss, and three Spawning Points with associated Minions.
mb Von Drakk Manor

Warband
Adds one Hero, one Mini-Boss with Treasure, and two Spawning Points with associated Minions.
mb Claws of the Wyrm
mb Emerald Valley
mb Mistmourn Coast
mb Stilt Town Zombies

Tile and Creep Set
Adds a set of themed tiles, along with a set of Creeps.
mb Dungeons of Crystalia with Slimes Creeps
mb Von Drakk Ghost House with Rattlebones Creeps

Dungeon Boss
Adds one new Boss with associated Explore and Treasure cards, as well as a set of Creeps.
mb Beatrix the Witch Queen with Ghost Creeps
mb Goro with Giri Creeps

Hero and Mini-Boss Expansion
Usually adds one miniature, with cards to play it as either a Hero or Mini-Boss, and a unique Treasure card.
mb Captain R Mini-Boss (+ Cursed Captain Hero, Black Spot Treasure)
mb Herald of Vulcanis Mini-Boss (+ Dark Centurion Hero, Vulcanis’s Maul Treasure)
mb Jack Scarecrow
mb Kaelly the Nether Strider Mini-Boss (+ Nether Strider Hero, Assassin’s Crossbow Treasure)
mb Kunoichi Candy & Ninja Cola Heroes (+ Kunoichi Candy & Ninja Cola Mini-Bosses, Sweet Kimono and The Whirling Doom Treasures)
mb Nyan-Nyan Hero (+ Chaos Kitty Mini-Boss, Cat’s Paw Treasure)
mb Ser Snapjaw Mini-Boss (+ Wyrm Claw Exemplar Hero, Exemplar Shield Treasure)
mb Succubus Vandella Mini-Boss (+ Outcast Succubus Hero, Temptress Perfume Treasure)

Hero Expansion
Usually adds one miniature, with a card to play it as a Hero.
mb Brave-Mode Candy and Never-Lost Cola Pet (+ Never-Lost Cola Pet and Treasure, Soda Master Candy)
mb Deeproot Wolf Rider
mb Tabbybrook Mage
mb Twilight Knight [Soda Pop Store]
mb Wandering Minstrel

Mini-Boss Expansion
Usually adds one miniature, with cards to play it as a Mini-Boss.
mb Shadow-Mode Candy Mini-Boss

First Edition Only
Miniatures only currently available at retail as an expansion to the first edition (pre-Forgotten-King). Updated cards, including Console and Arcade versions when appropriate, included in Forgotten King Upgrade Deck.
· 2011 Super Dungeon Explore Standalone Set (a.k.a. First Edition)
· Dragon's Clutch Minor Expansion (additional spawning point from 2011 Super Dungeon Explore)
· Caverns of Roxor Major Expansion
· Fireflow Denizens Minor Expansion (additional spawning point from Caverns of Roxor)
· Rocktop Gang Minor Expansion (additional spawning point from Caverns of Roxor)
· King Starfire Boss
· Calico Kate Hero
· Candy & Cola Hero (a.k.a. Soda Master Candy)
· Kisa Hero
· One-Shot Hero
· Princess Malya Hero
· Sebastian Cross Hero
· Kasaro To Mini-Boss

Statuses Updated November 13th
mb Released to retail.
mb Tentative release date on Ninja Division Release Schedule or listed by CoolStuffInc.
mb Expected for release, but no projected date yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmb
Having sorted some things out for myself, I thought I'd attempt to share. I haven't yet listed the current release information above, as some are currently unreleased.

Let me know any corrections, questions, or requests for other information that anyone would find useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt, this is awesome and useful. This game line has been extremely frustrating to follow because the release dates given have been meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really confused on which expansions can be used with the arcade mode of Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King.. I assume all those expansions above the paragraph for "first edition expansions only" all can be used with the arcade mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmbmb
All the heroes \ mini boss figures from the first editions and expansion may be used in sde:fk * (2nd edition) if you have the updated cards deck. if you got the game retail then you have to purchase this. If you got the game via KS then it was included in your pledge. The 2nd edition of expansion figures like Captain R also contain an updated charcter card and treasure card if needed. *2

The first edition base game box set is being retired and the only COMPLETE 'upgrade' path to version 2 is to buy the fk base set as the above card deck doesnt include the exploration deck etc but lets you use your existing models in FK.

*edit for both arcade and consul (classic) mode.

*2 so you can end up with duplicate cards!

Roxor and von drac are being re-released . The latter has a slight change in that it has less models in it due to some being reclassified as creeps and packaged with the von drac themed tiles which you have to purchase seperately from the von drac figures box set.

It has not been confirmed what is happening to the monsters in the first edition box set . Currrently the only way to get the kobold warrens and the egg clutch figures , starfire etc is to buy the first edition. it has been hinted they will be reissued as either new sculpts or in a new packaging format later. The hero models were made available as a paid ks addon box set called classic heroes. This may also go to retail at a later date.

Both the King starfire model and the metal Sodamaster candy figure have been retired . The former is likely to return as a resculpt as it was causing production problems. Soda Candy has upgrade cards included in the upgrade deck but you are expected to proxy her with the plastic candy figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
All the heroes \ mini boss figures from the first editions and expansion may be used in sde:fk * (2nd edition) if you have the updated cards deck. if you got the game retail then you have to purchase this. If you got the game via KS then it was included in your pledge. The 2nd edition of expansion figures like Captain R also contain an updated charcter card and treasure card if needed.

The first edition base game box set is being retired and the only COMPLETE 'upgrade' path to version 2 is to buy the fk base set as the above card deck doesnt include the exploration deck etc but lets you use your existing models in FK.

*edit for both arcade and consul (classic) mode.

Thanks. Have ordered the Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King – Upgrade Deck already just waiting for it to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistmourn coast and emerald valley come with two single spawn points in each box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Goro sold out atm? And in which pack do you get Angry Bear/Deeproot Shaman?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Updated today to include bullet points indicating retail status, and throwing in Jack Scarecrow (probably hero) and Beatrix the Witch Queen (probably boss).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Johnson
Germany
Stade
Nds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any Infos if there will be a v2 of the original base set with arcade mode included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm almost sure Jack Scarecrow will be a mini-boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, super useful.. thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Just to add, Twilight Knight is available to purchase, has been for some time, however, is only available at SPM's online store to my knowledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It appears that the final set of announced retail boxes have now been released, as both CoolStuffInc and Cardhaus now have Claws of the Wyrm, Emerald Valley, Goro, and Deeproot Wolf Rider all in stock.

Just in time to start thinking about the Super Dungeon Explore: Legends Retail Line...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for this. When the sale hit today I ordered von Drakk, stilt town, emerald valley, Drakk tiles and Beatrix.

Stil contemplating some more stuff. But what to get....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadparrotelvis wrote:
Thanks for this. When the sale hit today I ordered von Drakk, stilt town, emerald valley, Drakk tiles and Beatrix.

Still contemplating some more stuff. But what to get....
Not bad indeed, these 20% discount black friday sales!
cool
Ordered almost exactly the same as you .. but with some extra heroes/mini bosses: Twlight Knight, Vandalla, Kaelly ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
So what you're saying is that I need Vandella and Kaelly....

Got Twilight and the upgrade pack last month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadparrotelvis wrote:
So what you're saying is that I need Vandella and Kaelly....

Got Twilight and the upgrade pack last month.
Not saying anything .. I wouldn't dare! cool

Kaelly and Vandella are generally regarded as subpar as mini-bosses but as average/above average as characters. I basically just want them for fluff: Vandella for the horror theme and Kaella will definity fit the new KS Night Tower theme.
And well .. I like the minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls