GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Flick 'em Up!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dynamite questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick W
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two dynamite questions...

1. If you shoot the dynamite and knock a cowboy over, but the cowboy lands outside of the dynamite blast zone, is that cowboy hit?

2. Do you lose the dynamite token after shooting the dynamite or can you use dynamite again next time you shoot? The rules say that after shooting "the dynamite is removed from the game" but I'm not sure if that's just the wood piece or the token too.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'd go in the other direction. Since he's out of the blast range, according to the rules, he's obviously not hit. You could say that he has dived for cover, as your 'throw' gave him a bit of warning (!) that the dynamite was coming...

2)I think the dynamite is meant to be a one shot item, with both the wood piece and the token removed from the game.
The rules say nothing about removing bullets, or movement discs, from the game (or table/play area) after using them. I guess you're just expected to keep them in a place where they can't get in the way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
jtspecial wrote:
1) I'd go in the other direction. Since he's out of the blast range, according to the rules, he's obviously not hit. You could say that he has dived for cover, as your 'throw' gave him a bit of warning (!) that the dynamite was coming...

2)I think the dynamite is meant to be a one shot item, with both the wood piece and the token removed from the game.
The rules say nothing about removing bullets, or movement discs, from the game (or table/play area) after using them. I guess you're just expected to keep them in a place where they can't get in the way...

Agree 100% with this. Knocking a Cowboy over with the stick does nothing. It's all about where it lands and cowboys in proximity.

Also, it sounds like a one use item so it all goes in the box after used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick W
Canada
North Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

Ya, single use and where it lands sounds good. Makes it kind of fun that it`s a different style of flicking too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
jtspecial wrote:

Agree 100% with this. Knocking a Cowboy over with the stick does nothing. It's all about where it lands and cowboys in proximity.

Also, it sounds like a one use item so it all goes in the box after used.

I disagree. Every other weapon in the game is multi-use.

Who goes around with only one stick of dynamite anyway?

It doesn't say anywhere it's a one time use weapon.

COWTRA

More dynamite = more fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The dynamite is then removed from the game"?

How else should it say that its a one-time use? Of course you may use them as many times as you like, but the rules say once.

Hitting a building with dynamite is pretty easy and i imagine might be overpowered if you can use it multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.