Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys
I was wondering if you could use two or more prelude cards in one game. Would that make the game too easy/hard? Has anyone tried this before?

Especially with all those new mechanics and cards tied to different preludes it could be quite interesting to combine them in one way or another (e.g. mystic ruins and antarctica sideboard without Syzygy or Rise of the Elder Things).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, I expect it would make the game more difficult. In spite of the fact that most Preludes offer a benefit and a drawback, EH generally gets difficult very quickly as problems pile up.

But as you say, there may be some interesting combinations. This is certainly a game that works well for trying variants such as yours. Why not give it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isobel Andrewartha
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We find the prelude that gives you an ally for some health makes the game significantly easier - so maybe try that one with something else Rules are made to be broken!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
It's an easy houserule to do, but I'm looking forward for it being official - either via an official back of rulebook option, or a prelude card that basically says "draw 2 other preludes" - I guess it's a bit early for that, I'm hoping for one of those when the second sideboard is out, lacking such option then cuts too much content out without recourse imo.

Probably will try it some time before that, but with handpicked preludes (which I always use anyway per the offical MoM option), that should allow balancing out any undeisred outlier difficulty impacts.

Edit:
Xixian wrote:
We find the prelude that gives you an ally for some health makes the game significantly easier

Yeah, thats the kind of effect that alarmist terminology like "outrageously overpowered" is invented for.
It's also outrageously fun though, so it has its niche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally misunderstood the rules and dealt a prelude to each player. I played a couple games with 3+ preludes before realizing my mistake. I actually thought it was very interesting having such a drastically different starting board state than before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.