Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua S.
United States
Warr Acres
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I brought this up in one of the other threads, and maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but it's been a week now and still not much coverage from GenCon at least that I can find. I just find it odd that this game given the controversy, Kickstarter success and delays wouldn't be seen a bit more NEWS worthy than it seems to be. I mean the game was there being demoed and on full display but no discussion on it? I'm seeing more talk on new variants of Werewolf than this game just strikes me as odd.

I get that there are those that don't like the game for various reasons BUT you would think even with that said people would talk about it even if being dismissive of it, but maybe I'm just to far out of the loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Shannon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a bunch of videos in the videos section on the main bgg page for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not really following it until it arrives. Been too long with so many changes that I can't keep up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Adam got 3 weeks notice that he had a booth at GenCon, and he didn't even update the KS backers. There were backers that went to GenCon that didn't even know he was there. So a complete lack of PR could account for the lack of coverage as well.

However, as pointed out earlier, there are plenty of videos that got uploaded in the last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Fairlawn
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I get what you mean, but also remember that the booth was apparently a little hidden so unless you accidentally stumbled upon it or knew to go there you might have missed it. Also, some people are holding interviews (TechRaptor) because of some apparently time sensitive information. So, it may be that others are as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
Esoba wrote:
I get what you mean, but also remember that the booth was apparently a little hidden so unless you accidentally stumbled upon it or knew to go there you might have missed it. Also, some people are holding interviews (TechRaptor) because of some apparently time sensitive information. So, it may be that others are as well.
I was WAY over in row 2900 (of 3000). I'd I wasn't subscribed to the news letter I would never have known.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPOR wrote:
So I brought this up in one of the other threads, and maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but it's been a week now and still not much coverage from GenCon at least that I can find.

Here's a video from Board Game Replay finishing an encounter with the White Lion, and giving their thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtqvidHYXu8

Here's a game play video from Beasts of War (haven't watched this one yet).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARvPBuR5ukM

Here's an "in-depth" game play video from TechRaptor (haven't watched this yet either).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Im2AaXK18

Here's an interview with Adam Poots, the creator, from Beasts of War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6wF8d-zUHw

Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive across the board from everyone who's had a chance to play and leaf through the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua S.
United States
Warr Acres
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think people are missing my point. If you go to GenCon to cover the industry and you find out Kingdom Death was there and still do no reporting on it that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about doing full on reviews or vids JUST on Kingdom Death I'm talking abouttalking about it in passing or when doing an overview of GenCon. I find it very unlikely that by day three that those that where there to cover the convention had no idea that the game was there.

My point wasn't that you couldn't find info at all it was more that you would think there would be more due to everything surrounding this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Lewis
United States
Finleyville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm just baffled by what would be considered "time-sensitive", especially within the period of the next few days. The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that the early rewards are beginning to ship, but I'm not sure why something would be said in an interview that would cause confusion as to the actual shipping dates or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mongan
United States
Fairlawn
VA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Garvinator wrote:
I'm just baffled by what would be considered "time-sensitive", especially within the period of the next few days. The only thing that comes to mind is the fact that the early rewards are beginning to ship, but I'm not sure why something would be said in an interview that would cause confusion as to the actual shipping dates or anything.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea, but it has my interest peaked. Although we did just find out from Adam the other day that there are some copies being flown over for beta backers. Besides that I have no idea what could be time sensitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Solo
msg tools
JesterPOR wrote:
I think people are missing my point. If you go to GenCon to cover the industry and you find out Kingdom Death was there and still do no reporting on it that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about doing full on reviews or vids JUST on Kingdom Death I'm talking abouttalking about it in passing or when doing an overview of GenCon. I find it very unlikely that by day three that those that where there to cover the convention had no idea that the game was there.

My point wasn't that you couldn't find info at all it was more that you would think there would be more due to everything surrounding this game.
Most media only really do coverage on day one, since that's when gencon lets them in early. Not all of course, but the majority of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls