Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a consensus on the race powers being seriously unbalanced. So, I was wondering if it would be fine to use the different homelands in the invasion game, just to give something unique to each race. Would that unbalance the game? I don't know if some homelands are supposed to be better than others, based on the race powers (better homelands matching weaker race powers and vice-versa).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The homelands are are definitely (and deliberately) unbalanced.

Blue is the biggest problem racewise, and actually has the best homeland too (at least for them) which is part of the problem. You oculd always let someone swap with them.

There are definitely imbalances, and the game would have benefited from better development. They are not so severe that they ruin enjoyment of the game however, and I have won as both weakest races, and often seen the strongest lose.

Personally, I would never not play with the races and homelands. If that is too imbalanced for your taste then I'd advise you to houserule something or find another game - there's no point playing without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game plays fine with vanilla races.

Racial imbalances are easily fixed IMHO - see all the discussions on the forum for variants. I prefer playing with the powers as it adds a little extra.

On top of that, the game designers gave us the tech draft variant where each player ignores their racial power cards and instead draws two cards from the tech deck matching their colour, and picks one to start the game with replacing the other in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.