3 Posts

Chaosmos» Forums » General

Subject: Extra Deck Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rick t
msg tools
mbmb
Since i bought an extra deck for the game, what's the best recommendations that people have for it? Instead of 10 cards per envelope, maybe 20? Or maybe increase ones hand size? thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't alter the decks in any way until you've played a few games. One can easily become overwhelmed with the amount of choices in the game before it has even started (during setup). An extra deck would only compound that.

Play the recommended beginner game a couple times, then make note of the cards that didn't work for your group. Take those out of the extra deck. In a full game of 4 players and all planets, you won't have 10 cards per envelope. Use the extra deck to get to 10. I would never do 20.

I would also refrain from altering the handsize, as that could lead to protracted combat. Many of the cards used in combat don't actually leave your hand (or the game for that matter) so you end up with a whole mess of cards that aren't adding any significant gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rick t
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Tony for the reply. Would you use the extra deck for anything else? I guess I'm not liking having a deck that doesn't have much use lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls