Subject: Ultimate Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Schulz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So im looking for an ultimate storage solution - does anyone have any suggestions or help I was looking at broken token but it doesnt need to be that fancy either just needs to hold all the cards from all sets sleeves and I gotta find out where to get amazing dividers...
also would it be smart to organize them into two separate games? like this ? ANY help would be great ive had these games sitting in boxes forever so trying to figure out the best way to get them to the table more often and as often as possible! Thanks

Marvel Legendary
Fantastic Four
Paint the town Red
Guardians
Secret wars

Marvel Legendary Villains
Fear itself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want it all in one box, you can either check the craft stores for a special wooden case, or you can check a local card hobby shop for this:

The white box will run you about $5.

I just use the Villains box for the mat, heroes and Allies, and the Secret Wars box for everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Villains or Fear Itself, but I probably have at least that many custom cards. I also have all the Heroes expansions. All my cards are sleeved with either FFG or Dragon Shields (I am in the process of converting).

I use the Dark city and Secret Wars boxes for the Heroes and Starter Decks. Everything else goes in the base game box. In the base game box, I took out the insert and taped in strips of card stock to keep the rows separated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is my storage - base through to guardians:

I don't have villains or fear itself.

I may be able to fit another small box in to this but I have realised that to fit a large expansion or 2 I have switch to vertical storage.

I worked out vertical would give me space for 2000 cards sleeved with laminated dividers and still enough room for another small box 2 at a push.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering something similar to what Jason recommended, only it holds 5,000 cards.

http://amzn.com/B000K41E7E?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones with 5 rows hold a lot, yes, but they are really big and shockingly heavy when full. (I did it with Magic cards and downsized later.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Schulz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok....hmmm...wonder how many cards the broken token insert holds sleeved ..right now there's about 1500 cards ...that one box is way too large to carry around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acemclaren wrote:
Ok....hmmm...wonder how many cards the broken token insert holds sleeved ..right now there's about 1500 cards ...that one box is way too large to carry around.

Everything up to guardians sleeved (no villains sets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
The ones with 5 rows hold a lot, yes, but they are really big and shockingly heavy when full. (I did it with Magic cards and downsized later.)

I will second this! I had a 5 row box for my Magic cards long ago. It was totally full and WAY too heavy to tote around anywhere. It was great for storing in the closet or under a bed. But for regular transport it was just too much. This may haveben an issue with my box but it was sort of flimsy with all the weight. It didn't fall apart, but it did flex quite a bit if you didn't hsupport it properly on the bottom(couldn't hold it from just tye sides).

But, I will agree, it held a ton of cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is EVERYTHING Marvel Legendary split between the base box and villains. It works, but as soon as SW2 comes out, I dunno what I'll do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Schulz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where did you get/print the inserts from they are pretty neat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd like a copy of those dividers, for sure. Looks like a modified version of the best set of dividers yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Homemade... and also home lost :-/ i don't have the files for the base set, Dark city or FF anymore. Either didn't get saved or something... I still make more as new sets come out, but I don't have those originals anymore. They were based on Alex Chan's amazing dividers. But if there's enough interest I may go back and remake them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Consider this encouragement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb

Nashville
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:

+1 whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Krebsy

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of you, I noticed, have replaced the plastic insert of the base box and used something else as the main dividers between columns of cards. What did you use? How did you attach them? What pattern did you use (if any) to cut them to shape?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I used plain blue card from a normal craft store which I cut and folded in the same manner as shown in the second post: _^_^_ the final column I used the same pattern effect which means some of the cards face inwards.

I think some others have used the DC box and cut it make their insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MKrebs wrote:
Several of you, I noticed, have replaced the plastic insert of the base box and used something else as the main dividers between columns of cards. What did you use? How did you attach them? What pattern did you use (if any) to cut them to shape?

In my picture above, I cut the Dark City box in half and placed in the base game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herschbach
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my Storage Solution. I have all the Hero/Wound Cards from the Core, Dark City, Fantastic Four, Paint the Town Red, and Guardians of the Galaxy in the Core Box sleeved in Mayday 7077 Premium Sleeves. The Dark City Box has all the Villain Cards from the same sets, Mastermind cared are sleeved in Mayday 7141-B Red Backed Card Sleeves and all the Villain/Bystander cards are sleeved in Mayday 7141-A Black backed Card Sleeves . The Board and all the rule books fit on the top of the sleeved cards in the Core Box.

The insert for the Core Box was made from posterboard that cost like 90 cents, the Dark City is just the original insert that came with the game.

I think I am just going to keep the Legendary Villains and Expansion in the Villains Core Box for now, but I should have enough room for Secret Wars Vol 1 and 2 and probably a couple more expansion before I have to look for another solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am contemplating the the 3000 or 5000 count card box as a cheap alternative once my core box runs out of space (I estimate that'll be 2 small box expansions after SWv2 once I switch to vertical storage. However I am also contemplating this box:

http://e-raptor.pl/trading_card_storage_box_wooden

As a permanent solution... if I can only convince someone to buy it for Christmas. The company advise the lanes are 72mm wide and can hold up to 5000 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just at first glance, that box doesn't look anywhere big enough to hold all of Marvel Legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
M_Strauss wrote:
Just at first glance, that box doesn't look anywhere big enough to hold all of Marvel Legendary.

Look no but when you look at the dimensions it could hold both marvel versions and both encounters and all expansions to date.

From what I can tell it's approx the same size as the cardboard count which appears to have longer lanes but not as wide as this. Not sure you'd ever want to lift it mind you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:

Check it out! Custom Dividers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1424165/what-i-spent-last-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Used an old ammo box for my storage solution. No Villains in the ammo box. My gaming group is not a fan of Villains so I just bring that separately in the event someone wants the option. Will probably move towards vertical storage st some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |