Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't manage to get a game, so this might be something that's obvious when you play.

Why wouldn't I want to use 3 ships in my fleet everytime? Once the planet/moon have been mined, the used fleets to back into the draw deck don't they, so everyone's always going to have enough cards available to draw back to 3. So why would you ever use less than ships and be missing stats on a particular planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Looney
United Kingdom
St Albans
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring it on Wednesday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Mayeski
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you've gotten a game yet in or not... but if not I'd be happy to answer that question for you.

There is a set number of ships for the game, but the amount each player has each round depends on how those set numbers of ships are played and dealt out each round.

An example is, with 3 players you have 9 ships in play. If two players both play 3 cards but 1 player plays only 2, then on round 2 when the 8 cards that were played are dealt out, the two players who played 3 cards have 2 or 3 cards that round and the player who played 1 has now has 4 cards to start the round.

Hope that helps!

Temeraire wrote:
Still haven't manage to get a game, so this might be something that's obvious when you play.

Why wouldn't I want to use 3 ships in my fleet everytime? Once the planet/moon have been mined, the used fleets to back into the draw deck don't they, so everyone's always going to have enough cards available to draw back to 3. So why would you ever use less than ships and be missing stats on a particular planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.