Subject: Interesting bits about the flag of Malaysia that is in the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game today and I'm very excited to see the high production value that goes into this game. I can also sense that there are a lot of love and time spent in producing this game.

As with most of the wargames it teaches us about some of the historical events that happened during that particular period. I was really excited when I saw the flag of my country (Malaysia) being used in the game. There aren't many games that mentions Malaysia.

Anyway, when I showed this game to my gaming buddy, one of the comment I've gotten is the flag that was featured in the game (Malaya) is historically inaccurate. The flag used in the game is our present day flag for Malaysia. The flag for Malaya is supposed to have only 11 stripes and the star should be 11 pointed instead.

I did some research online and found some interesting bits about our flag and how it is closely related to the flag of USA. See the image below...

Feel free to share some of the interesting facts you have found about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But according to this, Malaya didn't use that flag until 1948. So that one would have been historically inaccurate as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this flag, that of the Federated Malay States (1895-1946):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually at that point of time during the Churchill time scale, Malaya and some of the surrounding countries were under the Japanese military governing. So this will be the flag during that time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.