Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving routed units. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you move a routed unit with an advance order or the Eldar faction ability?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can't move or place a routed unit. The only movement they can do is a retreat after they have lost a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
za nouge
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The Eldar faction ability works with routed units, since (a) it doesn't specify that the unit needs to be unrouted and (b) it's not movement, it's placement (the rulebook only prohibits routed units from moving, not from being placed).

Learn to Play guide, p7:
"A routed unit cannot move or be used to trigger combat card abilities."

(Incidentally, this 'routed units can't move' rule is a bit elusive - the only place it occurs is in the Learn to Play guide; it's not in the rules reference at all.)

Edited for wrongness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to object.

Page 11 Rules Reference wrote:
A routed unit can retreat; however, it cannot move or be placed in a different area by an order or card effect.

Cards like Wave Serpent or Hit and Run also don't specify routed / unrouted. They just say "Unit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
za nouge
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Fair enough – I scoured the rules reference for that rule and still somehow missed it. Mea culpa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know. Some rather important rules are hidden really well. I highly recommend the Rules Summary from the Files section. It has everything you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.