GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Created my own foam core insert! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Notelteirs
msg tools
Hey everybody,

I made another foam core insert and I'm especially proud for this one!

http://imgur.com/a/yaOUM

All details can be found in the album. Check it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this is so awesome! Job well done. I am in the exact same position, never having done any foam core before though, so the planning is pretty hard. So I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I think I can figure out the measurements, but maybe you can share the heights of each level?

My initial testing revealed that too tight compartments make it hard to dig out cardboard tokens. How is it for you to take out the death tokens in the player boxes? Do you just flip it upside down and pour everything out?

I have the Kickstarter Exclusive Nameless campaign and I don't have anything against using both boxes. Do you think I would manage to have all the miniatures in a grid, then a big compartment bundled together? Also, plastic tokens re: health, gold, death and guild, will they fit in the player boxes?

Thanks for the upload though ! Looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow.. Awesome job! Looks great and looks to be very functional at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Very nice work!! Will be stealing soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed as much as possible. I've attempted foam core work, but don't have the patience. This is the best I've seen for Arcadia Quest and uses my organising method; giving a player everything they need before even teaching so they have something to play with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Johnson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well done, I recently made a foamcore incert for arcadia quest as well.. I was extremely pleased with it.... That is... Until. I laid eyes on your beautiful piece of work. I bow down to your supiriority!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Notelteirs
msg tools
These are the measurements of the inner walls. So just the sides

Top layer: 1.6cm (same size as the dice)
Middle layer: 1.0cm (roughly the size of the pencil)
Bottom layer: 5.8cm (roughly the height of the tallest monster figure)
Player box: 3.0cm

All foam core is 5mm thick.

The death token compartments are 1mm wider than the tokens themselves. So just pulling with one finger gets the tokens out easily.

I have no idea if the plastic tokens will fit. :/ It's hard to tell how much space they will take from just the pictures. But my player boxes do have place to spare. So... maybe.

If you want to use both boxes I suggest you indeed dedicate one box to just the plastic figures and alter my design of the core box to incorporate bigger player boxes(?). Although it looks like the nameless campaign would fit into my design as well (not considering the kickstarter plastic tokens.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.