GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First solo conquest, first win! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ciccio Punksticcio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, first of all I had a blast playing mage knight. Great solo experience!

I played with Goldyx and after a slow start and a couple of wounds from a summoner early on, I manage to take making potions as first skill that helped me a lot.
I conquered a couple of mage towers, a keep, a dungeon and a spawn.

After struggling with the first city, I had to conquer it in 2 assaults, I made an epic combo in the 3rd night that gave me an easy assault to the level 8 city.
I was able to draw 4 cards with motivation and tranquillity powered by a green mana token plus the +1 bonus of the keep I was in. With a lot of cards in hand I assaulted the city using the spell that saved my life, wings of night. With my 4 unspent moves (I used the old version since I have only the core game but I had 2 more move even for the new version so no cheating ) I made the 4 defenders unable to attack so I attacked them without taking damage. I threw away my Sword of Justice and doubled all my basic attacks dropping physical resistance from my enemies. Thanks to my 4 units and a couple of attack cards I defeated the 4 defenders without taking a single wounds, it was crazy and fun.
It took me 30 minutes to figure out the correct play but in the end it was worth it.
Final score 189 fame and scenario beaten!
Epic game and ultra fun, I love it.

Ciap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Nothing like a perfect assault on a city. And that 30 minutes is exactly why I have no desire to play this with anyone else. I like to take my time and work it all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
If you won your first time you are playing wrong.....

Just kidding......kind of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:

I won on my second game. Mage Knight is actually not very difficult to beat, but difficult to master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Loginov
United States
California
flag msg tools
NinjaGigolo wrote:

I've played three solo conquests and won all three... it's not that hard to win. It's much harder to win with a great score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.