3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Distant Stars Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Paradice
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you still resolve the travel effects on the location when using Distant Stars? My guess would be no, since you are not traveling when using this effect, so in that way it would work like Strider's Path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:
Do you still resolve the travel effects on the location when using Distant Stars? My guess would be no, since you are not traveling when using this effect, so in that way it would work like Strider's Path.

I have not purchased anything beyond the core set, but in looking at the text of this card, it says to make a new card the active location, rather than to travel to a new location. Considering the strictness of card text in this game, I'm inclined to agree with your assessment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K C

Centennial
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
salparadice1 wrote:

You are correct. The Travel effect only resolves if you make a location action following the rules for the actual Travel phase of the turn. Card effects don't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls