GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,416 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » General

Subject: The incomes of the nation's are wrong. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
I was posting over in "Wargames" on BGG and A&A incomes came up.

A guy said that he tried to figure out what the incomes should be using actual production data adjusted for changes in territories controlled. He said:

1] USSR, Ger. and UK were all about right plus or minus 2.
2] Japan's income should be about 13. I had said 14.
3] USA's income should be about 58. I had said 42.

This of course would make it much harder for the Axis to win.

However, this does allow for simple variant that gets the war in the Pacific back into the game.

Add 3 IPC to the income of each US mainland terr. and the US must buy 1 ship each turn that he must place in the Pacific Ocean. This ship may not move through the Panama Canal during the next 2 turns. If he does not do this or if the ship moves through the canal then he loses the additional income for that turn (for 2 turns if he both fails to build a ship and moves another through the canal).
. . I would also give the US an IC at Hawaii at the start. It functions more like a base and gives Japan an obtainable objective in the middle of the Ocean.

The income of Japan is unchanged.

I think that this is a more acurate simulation of the over-all war. It will help Germany because the US will build other units go go with the ship he must buy. It will hurt Japan [as he should be] because the US will be fighting him in the Pacific. It will help UK & Russia in the long run because Japan's drive through India toward Moscow will be weakened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.