8 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Firefly the Game Organizational Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kari Wright
msg tools
Hi!

Does anyone have any ideas for a DIY box to hold the Firefly game and all of the expansions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A steamer trunk?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some relevant threads:

Storage Woes / Card dividers?
The Shiny Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
KariandHobbes wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone have any ideas for a DIY box to hold the Firefly game and all of the expansions?

Thanks!

You may want to hold off on this until September...Firefly: The Game – Kalidasa is still to come. :o)

I don't exactly have a D.I.Y. solution yet, but I currently put all game cards, money, ship cards, boards, and rules in the base game box. It creates a slight lift in the lid, but contains it all just fine.

I place all the ships, bits, dice, etc. in a plano box model 3650.

It's a great size, though probably too small for the resin ships, as it just slightly bends the cruiser at the tips.

But otherwise, it's a perfect solution for the bits & ships, with room to spare for more. I'm still waiting on an order with Firefly: The Game – Jetwash and Firefly: The Game – Esmeralda, but there's plenty of room. What's nice about this particular plano box is that it's rather compact and has similar dimensions as the game box itself. It's because of this that I don't use a standard plano storage box--it's just much bigger than it needs to be and is an odd size compared to the base game box.

Once I acquire Kalidasa, I'll probably revert back to placing all the game board sections into the Blue Sun or Kalidasa box, but still keep the plano #3650 for the bits and ships. Once GF9 completes their line of Firefly goodies, I'll probably look into a D.Y.I. box that'll hold it all in one solid container. Of course, There are some seriously good customs available here as well that I'll probably acquire before doing this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bonarek
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my solution until everything is released...
Everything fits in the three main boxes.

In the main box are all the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bonarek
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the rules, boards, ship cards, story and setup cards fit in the Blue Sun box.

The top layer of the Kalidasa box holds all the tokens.

The lower level has all the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony notsaying
msg tools
I had a bunch of 3x3 clear plastic gift boxes left over from my wedding. I use them to store my tiles and ships, they fit perfectly 5 across the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hawkes
msg tools
I'm after a little advice on my proposed storage solution. I currently only have Base + BS + BA but hoping to fit all expansions.

As a pretend woodworker, I envisage I'll make a box out of wood for my final game solution. Here is what I was thinking. Looking for feedback.

A while ago (Pre-Kalidasa) I made the below card trays. They worked great with the current card set but are now a little short. Oh well. I won't be making new ones but they will still work. The top and bottom are independent so they can be separated or used for other games. I've also purposely made them a couple of mm longer than the cards. Discards in the top row with face-down decks in the bottom.

My plan is to put them vertically into a box (See dodgy hand-drawn pic below) and elevate them off the bottom a bit. This should leave plenty of space at the bottom for token trays, money (Haven't decided if I'll make a tray for money yet) and ships/dice. Ship boards will go down one side and verse' boards and/or vinyl can go across the top. Manuals can either sit on top of that or, most likely, have a sleeve attached to the inside of the lid.

Anyway, I hope I've described my vision well enough. I'm hoping that by having everything in removable trays it will reduce the setup time as well.

Have I forgotten anything? Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.