Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final game of the night was Edel, Stein & Reich. Ken left and John took his spot. George told us that he liked games with money and he was right. He took to this game immediately and started hoarding gems. Apparently I had spent my wad on Amun-re because I wasn't able to get into any kind of groove. After the first scoring round Heidi and I were well in last place. The way the John, Dustin and especially George were hoarding gems it didn't look like I had a chance that way. I started to go for money on almost every round. This worked well enough to keep me tied with Heidi who was doing much better than I with her gems but was still struggling against the gem cartel. The third scoring round was very interesting as much bartering was done to claim majority in the higher scoring gems. I kept up with my approach of getting money by claiming the money but others were catching on to this and weren't in the mood to cooperate. Dustin finally fell behind the John and George in the gem battle. John was able to finally claim the red gems but it wasn't enough to make up the lead that George had. Heidi edged me for third and I was surprised to find myself ahead of Dustin who was the certificate king the first two scoring rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.