Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

1830: Railways & Robber Barons» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running trains through unstarted Companys starting hex? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

Can I have my trains from with my company "New York, New Haven, & Hartford" go through Bostons starting city if Boston have not yet been flouted?

If Yes, can I then also uppgrde this to a green track later on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Yes. Why do you think you couldn't?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
Yes. Why do you think you couldn't?

On my edition the mayfair, I get the impression that the city is occupied and I cant go throughm but now when I think about it, I understand its actually a white city like anyone else but only Boston can build on it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
Yes. Why do you think you couldn't?

On my edition the mayfair, I get the impression that the city is occupied and I cant go throughm but now when I think about it, I understand its actually a white city like anyone else but only Boston can build on it.

To make that clear: everyone can build track in the hex, but one white circle on Boston is reserved for the B&M. If this hex is upgraded to show two white circles, other companies can put a station there, as long as one circle stays free for the B&M.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
No, any company can place tiles there...but only the B&M can place a token there.

I strongly, unreservedly, recommend tossing the Mayfair rules and working only from the original AH rules. The Mayfair rules are not an improvement.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
PzVIE wrote:
If this hex is upgraded to show two white circles, other companies can put a station there, as long as one circle stays free for the B&M.


Something which is only possible in variants and is not in the base game (Baltimore and Boston both stay single station throughout 1830).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
PzVIE wrote:
If this hex is upgraded to show two white circles, other companies can put a station there, as long as one circle stays free for the B&M.


Something which is only possible in variants and is not in the base game (Baltimore and Boston both stay single station throughout 1830).

True, I mentioned it because Viktor has the Mayfair edition.
It seems you don't have much love for that edition, JC meeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
PzVIE wrote:
True, I mentioned it because Viktor has the Mayfair edition.
It seems you don't have much love for that edition, JC


Asides from some dreadful art choices, silly production errors, a set of weak variants (all of which are under-developed), an additional dose of self-contradictory and ambiguous rules (even more so than the original AH rules), rules that are muddled between rules text and example text and then muddled further between the base game and the many variants...it isn't so bad.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Tolchock wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
Yes. Why do you think you couldn't?

On my edition the mayfair, I get the impression that the city is occupied and I cant go throughm but now when I think about it, I understand its actually a white city like anyone else but only Boston can build on it.

To make that clear: everyone can build track in the hex, but one white circle on Boston is reserved for the B&M. If this hex is upgraded to show two white circles, other companies can put a station there, as long as one circle stays free for the B&M.


No, you have to use the tiles with the B on them to upgrade Boston, and there is no such tile with two city circles on it (at least if you are playing with the base game and the correct components).

As much as JC likes to deride the Mayfair version, this is user error not an issue with the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.