GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,258 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Corner Lot» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi J.C.

The rules say you need "Player markers in each of 6 colours or types".

I don't understand what is needed. There are five suits of cards and max five players so what six colours do you mean?

I'm a big fan of your work so when I saw you published this game I was really intrigued. I'm looking forward to play this my group, we're all softcore 18XX players.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Ægir / ChillusMaximus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That would be an error (from when it supported 6 players). Sorry. Markers for 5 players are enough, or you can play (as I do) without markers using the card corners to identify players as discussed in the teaching guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, thanks.

I guess I'll play it like when biding for privates in 18XX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Here when playing 1830, we give each player a single unique colour of poker chips and the bids then form a single multicoloured stack on each private. The money movements (and incomes) and constraints are sufficiently more detailed in Corner Lot that this approach and the similar approaches I've seen in other groups, won't work well.

Whatever method you select, I recommend dry-running it for at least one and a half game rounds (resolve an entire market and at least half the next) first. There are some...not exactly gotchas, but aspects that more than a few players have assumed about money movements, cash flow and liquidity...and then been surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.