Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

WARFIGHTER is a great game.

But that doesn't mean that there is no room for some "spice".

Here are just three ideas:
The hostile force becomes more divergent.
The hostile targeting process is a bit more dramatic.
There is a formal process for aborting a mission.

Anybody interested in the optional rules?

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
tuner 13 wrote:

I like to use a dice to decide who enemies target. That way there is less of an even distribution, for example if all the #1 tokens are used up, there's nothing to stop everyone from targeting soldier #1.

I also like to choose who the enemy targets on the enemy's turn. That way I have no idea who the greater threat is when the enemy is first drawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Bocaling
United States
Hayward
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
tuner 13 wrote:

I like to use a dice to decide who enemies target. That way there is less of an even distribution, for example if all the #1 tokens are used up, there's nothing to stop everyone from targeting soldier #1.

I also like to choose who the enemy targets on the enemy's turn. That way I have no idea who the greater threat is when the enemy is first drawn!

@xBino, like your above method for choosing the target soldier.

If the soldier survives the hostile's turn, do you roll the dice again on the next hostile turn? Or, once the soldier has been targeted by a particular hostile, that stays until the soldier moves out of range (assuming the soldier can).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
Per the normal rules, the hostile targets the initial soldier for the entirety of the combat. I tried re-rolling once, but it got old fast rolling that many die all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axman George
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use a die to assign enemy targets on the enemy's turn.

However, I've been thinking I need to add an exception to this rule. Take, for instance, the Suicide Bomber with a range 0 attack. If he shows up as a reinforcement on a location that already has a soldier present, *regardless of my targeting roll* shouldn't he go after the closest soldier?

I haven't put a lot of thought (or any testing) into this targeting variation, but it came up a couple of times during play last night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls