Popular Tags: [View All]
richard Sutterfield
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good Morning,

Last night I ran for the first time the 2nd scenario in the box set. My characters are Oloch and Damiel. I won on the 2nd to last round because of a lack of allies in each of the characters deck. I luckily drew a blessing of the gods to give me 3d4 plus 5 and I rolled a 13 total. Somehow I completed the adventure.

So my question is. How important are Allies later in the game? Am I going to be at a big disadvantage by not having allies in each of the characters decks?

Thanks for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
-
mbmbmbmbmb
Your problem isn't really that you had few allies, but that you have low charisma scores. This will definitely cause you some headaches, but you should be able to work around it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard Sutterfield
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I can see now how hard I will be to complete. I may need to redo my characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flipsutter wrote:
Yeah I can see now how hard I will be to complete. I may need to redo my characters.
Any 2 characters will have some weak areas. My wife and I are going through as Seltyiel and Lem. We have combat and charisma (and craft) covered...but we're a bit weak on wisdom and constitution. At least through half of box 3, I would rather be short on charisma than constitution, for example.

At least in theory, all the characters are balanced, so your special abilities should make up for your weaknesses. I can't tell you for sure whether your current pair will do well or not, but based on what I've read, I'm thinking it's not a bad combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charisma is one of the safest stats to be weak in. It is used the least for banes and closing requirements. Intelligence is another that is not used much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First thought: weak Charisma will slow down your exploration a bit since you will acquire fewer allies in play to discard for more explores. But with two characters, that's not too big an issue.

Second thought: get a stat-stone or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Damiel a potion of Glibness, and keep it in your deck - that should help with most Charisma checks, since they tend to be diplomacy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls