Formula D» Forums » General

Subject: 2 sided damage markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beasley
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Can anyone tell me what the Rain & Sun on the otherwise of the damage markers are not see for? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
To remind the player of the tyre type - Wet or Dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the advanced rules you have the option to play with three different tire types in conjunction with the weather option. The "normal" one is called hard, but if you want to use one of the other two, you use the tokens to remind everyone of what type you have; sun for "soft" tires (+1 optional movement, but with double overshoot damage) and rain for "wet" tires (slide 1 instead of 3 spaces on corner stops).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group found it annoying that the damage markers covered the arrows in the corners, so we bought some plastic markers from http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product/pips/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad R
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also like to use the Rain tokens to denote a corner is still wet when the track transitions to a dry state. During the transition weather I roll to see if a corner actually dried up. It seems to keep things interesting when you get a half wet half dry track going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wedontknow games wrote:
I also like to use the Rain tokens to denote a corner is still wet when the track transitions to a dry state. During the transition weather I roll to see if a corner actually dried up. It seems to keep things interesting when you get a half wet half dry track going.
That sounds interesting.

What happens whebn dry weather is rolled, are no corners then dry, or do you roll then?
How often do you roll for each corner following that?
What are your experiences with it?

Sorry for spamming you with questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad R
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just roll again when the weather shifts. If the weather goes full sunny the track just dries, it's just during non-raining cloudy weather (after it's been raining) we check for each corner. I worded that last post poorly, haha!

I like it because it gives you actual risk/reward to switching back to not-rain tires while the track is half wet. Some of the corners where we normally take a risk at over shooting get a lot more interesting.

:edit: You could also look at it as if there are scattered rain showers happening around the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls